Thursday, September 28, 2006

Intimacy with my thoughts

You don't have to worry;I am always with you.
I have seen you cry and wonder and have caught your every tear.
I have held your hand through rage and anger, and brought hope to take your fear.
I have been there when the memories seem to turn to ashes,
I have been there to pick up the pieces.
I have held them in a place of healing and shown you the rays of sunshine.
I have been there in the lonely nights, when tears are your only comfort,
I have been there in the silence and heard you gasp in expectation.
I have been there on the long walks, and in the thoughts that plague your mind.
I have been there through the dreams and visions that seem like poison in the night.
I have been there through the agony, frustration and dispare,
I have held you in my arms so close and have whispered, "Do not fear."

This is my promise to you my girl, and to my every child.
I am your father and your king, the one that holds the world.
Listen to my constant breathe; find intimacy with my thoughts.
Rest in my presence and find peace for your wondering mind and heart.
You are my child and I love you more than you will ever know.
Come into my arms my Ivory girl. Come into my warm embrace

No comments: